Interested in changing lives? Alvis Inc. can help you fulfill that career goal. Our programs directly impact 8,000 men and women and indirectly impact tens of thousands more. At Alvis, as our vision states, we believe a person’s potential is more important than their past and strive to give individuals the inspiration, encouragement and the tools they need to turn their lives around 180 degrees.
Please come and meet us at our next Hiring Event on May 14th 10-6pm at Terry Collins Reentry Center (TCRC) 16643 OH – Rt.104 Chillicothe, Ohio 45601
Also, don’t forget to ask about our great benefits package and a $350 sign-on bonus!
Apply online 24/7 at alvis180.org
Follow us on social media @180degreeimpact
Here is a few jobs available out of several they have in the area.
Alvis • Chillicothe, OH
- Community Corrections
- Entry Level, Nonprofit – Social Services
- Travel – Up to 25%
- Experience – At least 1 year(s)
- Degree – High School
- Driver’s License Required
The purpose of this classification is to monitor all individuals entering and exiting the facility, and ensure the whereabouts of all clients are accounted for at all times. Employees will engage with clients on a routine basis, and utilize cognitive behavior techniques, in order to foster and promote positive and productive thinking and interpersonal skills; employees may be required to facilitate staff training on tasks related to coverage duties, as well as client group sessions on healthy decision making, as needed. May be required to work overtime, fill in for absent workers, as needed, in order to maintain desired staffing levels for a 24/7/365 operation.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Perform coverage duties at assigned facility
- Conduct urine &/or alco-sensor testing for all clients entering the facility
- Monitor safety & security of facility
- Conduct outside perimeter checks
- Observe & identify clients in unauthorized locations & communicate with case manager, program manager regarding appropriate corrective action
- Document and report violations, hazards to the appropriate authority/designee
- Monitor client telephone calls
- Supervise facility internal and external clean-up & maintenance conducted by resident clients
- Report property/facility malfunctions, needed repairs to appropriate maintenance staff
- Engage with clients on an ongoing basis, utilizing cognitive behavioral techniques & cognitive behavior change tools (e.g., role playing, mirroring, reflecting), participate in prosocial engagement & activities with clients; foster & promote healthy decision making, positive & productive lifestyle perspective for resident clients
- Maintain records of inventory & ensure designated areas are kept secure/locked
- Dispense medication(s) to resident clients (i.e., not requiring Med-passing certification) as needed
- Ensure clients receive meals when not present during schedule meal periods
- Participate in mandatory staff meetings, brief incoming shift staff on client activities via pass-on logs
- Assist with client intake procedures
Education : High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Must possess a valid Ohio Driver’s License; Must pass a criminal background check; must pass a pre-employment drug screening; must complete 40 hours of in-service training on an annual basis.WORK ENVIRONMENT
May work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays; may be required to work mandatory overtime; may be exposed to potentially violent clients; may exceed normal physical requirements due to extenuating circumstances.
Thats not it though heres a list and a link to see the rest of the jobs available!
To see these jobs on the website and check the qualifications click here: