home to the same beautiful fall foliage, as well as corn mazes, fruit farms, pumpkin patches, the nation’s first-ever county-wide Trail of Scarecrows and the most original covered bridges in the state of Ohio!
While in town for the “hidden gem” fall foliage, travelers can:
- Explore the Trail of Scarecrows. Each year, over 250 static scarecrows decorate Fairfield County homes and businesses for travelers across the nation to visit by car or foot + vote on their favorites. As the only county-wide scarecrow contest of its kind, the Trail of Scarecrows has quickly become a yearly tradition amongst locals and visitors alike! And this year, it is back with a twist – a movie theme!
- Snag some fresh fall finds. Visit the pumpkin patches and Hugus Fruit Farm for your annual apples and gourds.
- Attend fall festivities for families. Visit Charles Alley Memorial Park to enjoy the annual Pumpkin Hike! Discover family fun, fall activities and carve your pumpkin.
- Discover covered bridges. Fall provides the perfect backdrop to Fairfield County’s Covered Bridge Trail, a fun activity for your whole family to enjoy. Make your way around the county to explore our 15 original covered bridges (the most in Ohio and second most in the nation!) and picturesque landscapes.
- Enjoy the county’s other cozy and spooky Autumn Experiences.
The picturesque landscapes, crisp air and peak fall foliage around October 23 make Fairfield County an Instagrammable, must-see day-trip destination that you are sure to fall in love with.