Home News One Buffalo Wind Wings Employee Dies on the Job 10 Other Hospitalized...

One Buffalo Wind Wings Employee Dies on the Job 10 Other Hospitalized After Cleaning Agent Exposure


MASSACHUSETTS – One man is dead and ten were hospitalized after a chemical cleaning agent was used

Just after 5:30 p.m. Thursday, emergency responders in Burlington were called to the scene following the report of a “sick individual and a potential chemical release,” interim Fire Chief Michael Patterson told reporters in a video from the scene.

Patterson said that when they arrived on scene they found one man being treated by paramedics out side the building. After he was transported to the hospital the man died.

The Chief said that the chemical that is commonly used in the restaurant is to blame.

“A sodium hypochlorite cleaning agent called “Super 8,” said the Chief.

Ten others were taken to the hospital but later released. They were treated from difficulty in breathing, running and watery eyes and shortness of breath.

“We are shocked and saddened to learn of this tragic accident at our franchise-owned sports bar and are working closely with our franchisee and the authorities while they conduct an investigation,” the spokesperson said.

According to Patterson one employee prepared the floor with the chemical then went outside for fresh air because the chemical had overpowered him. The worker that died attempted to squeegee the chemical agent out of the restaurant and while doing that was overcome and passed out.