Southern Ohio – Governor Mike Dewine announced today 5 million in awards to local jail projects, half of that is going to Ross and Pickaway County.
Ohio Governor Mike DeWine announced today that he is providing state assistance to six county jails in Ohio for targeted safety, security, and operational projects.
Approximately $5 million has been awarded to the following jails through the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction’s (ODRC) Bureau of Adult Detention:
- Darke County – $1.8 million for security upgrades
- Ross County – $1.6 million for security upgrades
- Monroe County – $329,000 for a sewer system project
- Erie County – $150,000 for a sewer system project
- Highland County – $179,000 for security upgrades
- Pickaway County – $902,000 for a sewer system project
“Ohio is making significant investments in the safety and overall operations of our jails to help them better meet the demands of our criminal justice system,” said Governor DeWine. “These jail improvements will help alleviate more significant issues in the future and help ensure these facilities are operating safely.”