Circleville City Schools – As we head into the winter months, Circleville City Schools would like to outline and update our students, parents and guardians, and community partners about our Calamity Day Plan that is to be followed in the event of any cancellations of the school day.
The schedule follows as found below:
- Students and staff will be permitted 3 days of missed instruction/work without any make-up work due to weather or other conditions that may cancel school.
- On calamity days 4 through 6, students will complete Blizzard Bags. On these same days, staff will report to work unless the county in which you reside or Pickaway County is on a Level 2 or Level 3 Snow Emergency. Blizzard Bag information will be provided at CirclevilleCitySchools.org and printed in applicable instances.
- Calamity Day 7: Staff and students will report for a normal school day on President’s Day, Monday February 19, 2018.
- Calamity Day 8: Staff and students will report for a normal school day on Thursday, March 29, 2018.
- Calamity Day 9: Staff and students will report for a normal school day on Friday, May 18, 2018.
- Calamity Day 10: Staff and students will report for a normal school day on Friday, May 18, 2018.
- Any further make-up days will begin on Friday, May 25, 2018 and continue until all days/hours have been made up.
Per district guidelines, “students in grades K-6 must attend a minimum of 910 hours of instruction and students in grades 7-12 must attend a minimum of 1,001 hours of instruction.”
Where can I go to find out about school cancellations and delays?
- Follow and subscribe to notifications from Twitter.com/CirclevilleCity and Twitter.com/CVCSD_Supt
- Circleville City Schools on Facebook
- 94.3 WKKJ
- WBNS 10TV
- Our One Call Now* automated phone service
- Phone alerts from the CCSD app.