Trish Bennett, Editor
CIRCLEVILLE – Patients at Logan Elm Health Care were briefly evacuated Friday night after a fire was discovered in a bathroom at the facility.
Chief Bryan Brown, Pickaway Township Fire Department, said the Ohio Division of State Fire Marshal is being called in to investigate the incident.
Crews were dispatched about 7:55 p.m. Friday to the facility on Tarlton Road, and Brown said they quickly located the source in a bathroom in the northeast wing.
He ordered the entire building evacuated, but residents were able to return within about an hour. Patients from the northeast wing have been relocated to other areas of the building as the investigation proceeds, he said.
Brown said when crews made entry and ventilated the bathroom, they discovered two chunks of burning plastic, and the fire was quickly extinguished. No injuries were reported.
It was unknown at time of publication when investigators from the Fire Marshal’s office would arrive to begin their work at the scene.
The Pickaway Township Fire Department was assisted by the Pickaway County Sheriff’s Office and the Circleville Fire Department.
This article originally appeared on The Pickaway News Journal