PICKAWAY – Several properties are up for bid from the end of the month to early November.
- Sheriff Sale – November 9, 2021 Auction Date & Time:November 9, 2021 at 1:30 p.m.If Not Sold Second Sale Date:November 30, 2021 at 1:30 p.m.Case Number:2021CI0056Address:1339 & 1341 South Pickaway, Circleville, OH 43113Parcel Number:A01-0-001-00-329-00, A01-0-001-00-327-05Appraised Amount:$50,000.00Start Bid:$33,334.00Minimum Deposit:$5,000.00Attorney Name:Jeffrey SamsAttorney Phone:614-322-7921Purchaser: Purchase Amount:
- Sheriff Sale – November 9, 2021Auction Date & Time:November 9, 2021 at 1:30 p.m.If Not Sold Second Sale Date:November 30, 2021 at 1:30 p.m.Case Number:2021CI0055Address:150 West Union Street, Circleville, OH 43113Parcel Number:A05-3-064-00-018-00Appraised Amount:$150,000.00Start Bid:$100,000.00Minimum Deposit:$5,000.00Attorney Name:Jeffrey SamsAttorney Phone:614-322-7921Purchaser: Purchase Amount:
- Sheriff Sale – November 2, 2021Auction Date & Time:November 2, 2021 at 1:30 p.m.If Not Sold Second Sale Date:November 23, 2021 at 1:30 p.m.Case Number:2020DLT008Address:8320 Hayesville Road, Kingston, OH 45644Parcel Number:J24-0-004-00-149-00Appraised Amount: Start Bid:$7,211.29Minimum Deposit:$3,500.00Attorney Name:Jeffrey A. CatriAttorney Phone:(740) 474-6066Purchaser: Purchase Amount:
- Sheriff Sale – October 26, 2021Auction Date & Time:October 26, 2021 at 1:30 p.m.If Not Sold Second Sale Date:November 16, 2021 at 1:30 p.m.Case Number:2015CI0256Address:124 Pontious Lane, Circleville, OH 43113Parcel Number:A05-1-036-00-030-00Appraised Amount:$90,000.00Start Bid:$60,000.00Minimum Deposit:$5,000.00Attorney Name:Angela KirkAttorney Phone:614-222-4921Purchaser: Purchase Amount:
All Sheriff Sales are held every Tuesday at 1:30PM on the first-floor lobby of the Pickaway County Courthouse, 207 S Court Street, Circleville, Ohio 43113.
It is highly recommended that you consult with your personal attorney prior to any purchase at a Sheriff’s Sale. The Pickaway County Sheriff’s Office cannot provide any legal advice. You are responsible for checking out the property and judge for yourself if it is suitable for the purpose you intend.
Terms of Sale:
- Property cannot be sold for less than two-thirds of the appraised value. Appraised value DOES NOT include interior inspection of the Property.
- A down payment of sale price unless otherwise indicated is to be paid to the Sheriff on day of sale by 4PM.
- $5,000 down payment if the sale price is less than $200,000.
- $10,000 down payment if the sale price is greater than $200,000.
- Balance due within 30 days upon confirmation of sale.
- All payments made to the sheriff are to be paid in cash or certified check only.
- The Pickaway County Sheriff makes no guarantee as to status of title prior to sale.
- This sale operates under the doctrine of caveat emptor (Buyer Beware).
- You are not allowed to enter the property until you have received the deed.
WARNING: Entering the property without the permission of the owner or occupants is a violation of ORC 2911.21. Punishable up to 30 days in jail and $250.00 fine.
- Status of any sale can change anytime up to the time of the sale. If you have any questions call our office Mon– Fri 8AM-4PM at (740) 477-6000.
- Arrival of the deed typically takes 4-6 weeks but may take longer depending on the property.
- Public notice is hereby given that all such Real Property to be sold at Public Auction may be subject to a Federal Tax Lien that may not be extinguished by the sale, and purchasers of any such Real Property are urged to search the Federal Tax Lien Index that is kept by the County Recorder to determine if Notice of a Federal Tax Lien has been filed with respect to any such Real Property.