Home News Hand Tool Explodes Causing Washington Court House Fire

Hand Tool Explodes Causing Washington Court House Fire

Photo Scott Leisure

WASHINGTON COURT HOUSE – A cordless tool is to blame for a fire that caused major damage to a commercial building in Washington Court House.

Around 2:45 a fire was reported in the downtown area of Washington Court house located at 309 West Temple Street. This location is know to have the Hixon Towing Company in it.

According to the fire department the fire started in the bay area of the Hixon towing and repair building. A power tool used by the business owner Jerry Hixon exploded in his hand and caused the man injuries, the explosion ignited a propellant and caught the building on fire.

According to Washington Court House police Hixon was transported with with severe burns to the local hospital.

The Fire Department was able to contain the fire to mostly the shop location, saving parts of the building.