OHIO – The Government air quality alert system is warning Central Ohio of unhealthy air quality due to the smoke from Canadian wildfires.
People with heart or lung disease, older adults, children and teens – take any of these steps to reduce your exposure:
- Avoid strenuous outdoor activities.
- Keep outdoor activities short.
- Consider moving physical activities indoors or rescheduling them.
Everyone else – take any of these steps to reduce your exposure:
- Choose less strenuous activities (like walking instead of running) so you don’t breathe as hard.
- Shorten the amount of time you are active outdoors.
- Be active outdoors when air quality is better.
According to the report, the level of pollutants will go down the next few days but still will be in the moderate range. You can find more info here: https://www.airnow.gov/?city=Circleville&state=OH&country=USA