Adena Sponsors Healthy Kids Day and Free Rides Day at Fair
CHILLICOTHE (August 2, 2017) – Adena Health System has once again made it possible for kids to enjoy a FREE Rides Day at the Ross County Fair on Monday, August 7.
As well as free rides, kids and their families are invited to participate in Adena’s Healthy Kids Day, which will take place at 10 a.m. at the Bandstands on the Ross County Fairgrounds. Kids will partake in several free activities that will demonstrate and teach lessons related to nutrition, exercise and other healthy lifestyle choices.
The activities and lessons will be:
- What’s Your Plate Look like?: Test your knowledge and play the interactive MyPlate game to learn more about healthy eating.
- Healthy Eating & You: Learn more about the foods around you. Identify and learn how to use vegetables and fruits.
- Join the Chefs: Join the chefs from the Cooking Caravan in a fun, interactive Battle of the Chefs template. *Starts at 11 a.m.
- Bike. Spin. Art: A fun, creative way to learn the importance of physical exercise.
- Express Yourself: Come and make a pin button and draw a design on a template.
- Being Active is Fun!: Join the YMCA and participate in a fun and exciting set of physical activities that you can do at home
- Make Your Own Headband: Learn about internet and body safety
- Stomp out Bullying: Learn about specific patterns, prevention and more.
- Map Your Future: Grab a career and strike a pose with our fun photo booth.
Each child will have the opportunity to complete each station. Those who complete all stations will receive a special giveaway.
Adena Health System would like to thank the following partners for making this year’s Healthy Kids Day one of a kind; The Ohio State University, the Chillicothe Public Library, Child Protection Center of Ross County, Map Your Future and the Ross County YMCA.