LANCASTER, Ohio – Ten Fairfield County teens are competing for the title of 2021 Fairfield County Junior Fair Queen. The young ladies, all of whom participate in Fairfield County FFA Chapters and/or 4-H Clubs, were interviewed on Tuesday, September 21, 2021, by a panel of three community leaders who evaluated the candidates on a variety of factors including: 4-H/FFA activities, school and community activities and poise.
The 2021 Queen will be crowned along with two attendants by the 2020 Fairfield County Jr. Fair Queen, Hannah Henry, on Saturday, October 9, at 7 p.m. during the Fairfield County Junior Fair Panorama. The event will also be streamed live through services by Innerphase Video Productions.
This year’s finalists included:
• Morgan Cowdrey, 16, daughter of Quentin and Jennie Cowdrey. She attends Amanda-Clearcreek (AC) High School and is a member of Final Drive 4-H Club and AC FFA.
• Kathryn Crow, 17, daughter of Lisa and John Crow. She attends Fisher Catholic High School and is a member of Unleashed and Pickerington PetPALS 4-H clubs and Bloom-Carroll FFA.
• Sofia Gugliemotto, 17, daughter of Janna and Gary Gugliemotto. She attends Bloom-Carroll (BC) High School and is a member of Rough Riders, Thurston Flying Fingers and Shooting Sports 4-H clubs and BC FFA.
• Samantha Hurst, 17, daughter of Darren and Amy Hurst. She attends Berne Union High School and is a member of Blazin’ Buckeyes 4-H Club.
• Lexie Hyme, 17, daughter of John and Lisa Hyme. She attends Berne Union High School and is a member of Blazin’ Buckeyes 4-H Club.
• Jordyn Nevers, 18, daughter of Kimberly and Guy Nevers. She attends Kent State University and is a member of Carroll Country 4-H Club.
• Adriana Marie Rodriguez-Denner, 16, daughter of Jody Denner and Sindy Rodriguez. She attends Lancaster High School and is a member of Shooting Stars 4-H Club.
• Hannah Saum, 17, daughter of Dave and Robin Saum. She attends Amanda-Clearcreek (AC) High School and is a member of blue Ribbon Showmen 4-H Club and AC FFA.
• Alyssa Swick, 18, daughter of Ralph and Crystal Swick. She attends Otterbein College nd is a member of Pygmies Plus 4-H Club and Fairfield Union FFA.
• Grace Terflinger 18, daughter of Tom and Emily Terflinger. She attends Canal Winchester High School and is a member of Green Extreme 4-H Club.