PICK AWAY – 2017 marked another successful year for the Red Cross Blood Drives in Circleville. Each month Trinity Lutheran Church hosts a local blood drive. The members of the Red Cross Blood Drive team are assisted by local volunteer groups to help make each event a success.
- Advertisement -
This year the organizations and individuals assisting with canteen duties were:
- Knights of Columbus of Circleville led by Ron Martin
- Betty Wolford who provided lunch for two drives
- Kiwanis for two drives led by Tom Dixon
- Heritage Nazarene Church assisted in May and Ruth Ann Tener
- Crossroads Church Evangelical Christian Ladies assisted in June
- The Salt Creek Valley Grange led by Diana Lands provided lunch in August
- September was led by members of Box 65
- The Presbyterian Church led by Meg Roarick assisted in November
- During the December event Circleville Chapter 90, Order of Eastern Star lead by Bea Dorman handled the canteen duties and provided lunch.
Each of these groups give their time, energy, talents and food to provide a lunch for those who give blood as well as feeding the members of the Red Cross Blood Drive team.
There is one more blood drive in 2017 in the Circleville area which will take place at the Pickaway County District Library on December 28th from Noon to 6 PM. If you wish to donate go to www.redcrossblood.org to sign up. The first drive in Circleville for 2018 will take place at the Circleville Fire Department on January 2nd from 2PM to 7 PM. Drives will also occur on January 3, 2018 at the Pickaway Township Fire Department form 1 PM to 7 PM, at Berger Hospital on January 4 from 9 AM to 3 PM and once again at Trinity Lutheran Church on January 10th from 10 AM to 4 PM.
If your group would like to assist with the canteen each month at Trinity Lutheran Church please call Ruth Ann Tener at 740-474-2204 to volunteer.