Orient, Ohio – February 2, 2024 – A Grove City man faces charges of driving under the influence (DUI) and drug possession following a crash and subsequent investigation on February 1st, 2024.
According to authorities, Pickaway County Sheriff Hafey responded to reports of a vehicle striking objects at a drive-thru and a mailbox on US-62 near Pettit’s. Shortly after, the vehicle was located and crashed into a ditch where the vehicle was stuck at the intersection of Carson Road and Creamer Road.
The driver, identified as Trenton Davis, allegedly displayed signs of impairment upon contact with officers. A subsequent search revealed suspected marijuana, and Mr. Davis reportedly admitted to consuming Twisted Tea prior to driving.
Mr. Davis was arrested and taken into custody. Charges of driving under the influence and drug possession are pending.
- Police responded to reports of a possibly impaired driver hitting something in a drive-thru and a mailbox before crashing into a ditch.
- Officers found the vehicle at the bottom of an embankment and identified the driver as Trenton Davis.
- Mr. Davis exhibited signs of impairment, including smelling of burnt marijuana and being unsteady on his feet.
- A search revealed two bags of suspected marijuana.
- Mr. Davis admitted to drinking alcohol before driving.
- He was arrested and read his Miranda rights.
Charges and Next Steps:
- Mr. Davis faces charges of DUI, and hit skip run charges