– An officer traveled to the Pickaway County Jail to serve a warrant on inmate Joshua Wonderly.
– A caller reported a residence had been burglarized in the 900 block of South Washington Street, and several items had been taken. A report was taken on burglary, and extra patrol was requested.
– A resident in the 100 block of Logan Street reported a vehicle had been vandalized. A report was taken on criminal mischief.
– A caller reported a semi truck was stuck and possible hit some cable wires in the area of Hayward and Scioto streets. The officer advised no report was taken, and the lines were from an abandoned home being torn down.
– A resident in the 400 block of East Main Street reported a vehicle had been stolen overnight. A report was taken.
– The fire department responded to a smoke alarm activation in the 100 block of Dunmore Road. The scene checked OK.
– Officers responded to an activated alarm in the 100 block of West Franklin Street. The scene checked OK.
– An officer performed a stand-by in the 200 block of South Scioto Street.
– A caller from Carnival Foods reported drug paraphernalia was found and an officer was needed for disposal. The officer advised the scene checked OK and no drugs were found.
– An officer advised an assault had taken place at Everts Middle School. A report was taken.
– A resident in the 300 block of East Franklin Street requested help removing a female from the house who refused to leave. The female left the residence, and the officer advised the scene checked OK.
– A Chillicothe resident came to the police station to report a custody dispute. Information was obtained.
– An officer responded to a request from the Pickaway County Sheriff’s Office to be on the lookout for a male subject. The officer advised he had the male detained in the 400 block of Half Avenue, and a report was taken on an agency assist.
– A resident in the 200 block of East Main Street reported the theft of medication.
– An employee of Duke and Duchess on East Main Street reported a female in the store asking for an officer and claiming that employees stole her keys. The officer advised it was in reference to a theft that occurred out of county. No report was taken.
– A 911 caller reported a property damage accident in front of Hardee’s on West Main Street. A report was taken.
– A resident in the 300 block of Logan Street reported a bicycle in the yard at his located that he believed to be drug-related. The officer met with the caller, but a male already left with the bicycle and they were unable to locate.
– An employee from Dollar General on North Court Street reported two women in the back of the store stealing items. The officer did not observe any theft. The females paid for the items and were banned from the store by management. A report was taken.
– A resident in the 200 block of East Franklin Street reported finding a syringe on the ground in the area of Clinton and Mill streets. An officer located and disposed of the item.
– Jarrod Warner was arrested in the 500 block of Gumm Place on a warrant from the Grove City Police Department. The prisoner was transferred to Grove City Police.
– An anonymous caller reported a male subject stole meat from Kroger on Lancaster Pike and ran across Route 56. The property was recovered and returned, and a report was taken on theft.
– A caller reported two suspicious people asking for money on a picnic bench in the park area at Trinity Lutheran Church. Officers were unable to locate the subjects.
– An employee at Berger Hospital reported a female in the emergency room who claimed she was assaulted by her brother. The female requested documentation that her brother did it, and if it continues she will press charges. A report was taken on a domestic dispute.
– Officers took a report on an ongoing neighbor dispute in the 100 block of Logan Street.
– Extra patrol was requested in the 100 block of Hayward Street after a caller reported four male subjects claiming to be selling Kirby vacuum cleaners, but they did not appear professional and the caller believed it was a scam.
– Officers performed a well-being check in the 200 block of Lee Court after a caller reported an elderly woman seemed scared and a man on a bicycle was following her. The scene checked OK.
– A resident in the 200 block of West Water Street reported a complaint of young kids playing basketball in the street. Officers were unable to locate the subjects.
– A caller reported a suspicious white van at the corner of Rustic Drive and Pontious Lane with a female inside rummaging through her purse. Officers were unable to locate the vehicle.
– Officers responded to reports of a bad odor coming from a vacant lot in the 300 block of East Franklin Street and advised there was a large pile of dead fish. The Health Department would be contacted the following morning, and information was obtained.
– Officers responded to an activated alarm at Coughlin Automotive on U.S. Route 23. The cleaning crew advised of a suspicious vehicle driving around the lot and would call if they saw it again. The business checked OK.
– A caller reported a male who appeared to be under the influence walking and talking to himself on High Street near Berger Hospital. Officers were unable to locate the subject.
– A 911 caller reported a tractor driving erratically and making all sorts of noises in the field behind Meadow Drive. The operator was advised and agreed to shut it down for the night.
This article originally appeared on The Pickaway News Journal