OHIO – Valentines day is just around the corner and surprisingly Americas prefer chocolate to any other V-day candy.
According to a poll on Zippia.com they find that 45 out of 50 states prefer chocolate, and Ohioans most popular Valentine’s day candy is chocolate covered strawberries.
- Chocolate roses and MMs tie for second place. Want to bet how many of those MMs are pink and white?
- Brands matter, with Dove chocolates being preferred to Lindor.
- California likes “candy necklaces” the most… which sounds like a slobbery mess around your neck, but to each their own.
- Conversation hearts may be a stereotypical V-Day choice, but only 4 states prefer them. Guess most states prefer a more subtle “I love you.”
- Valentine’s Day is like a box of chocolates in Kansas, South Carolina, and Idaho.
One thing is clear, giving people candy is a pretty big way of showing you care. In fact, 69% of Americans would rather have candy than chocolates for Valentine’s Day. What type of candy should you bring to impress? Chocolate!