USA – The United States Food and Drug administration is investigating a muli-state outbreak of Salmonella illnesses linked to the pre-cut melon products. All of these pre-cut foods came from Caito Foods,Inc of Indianapolis who ships to these locations.
- Kroger under the Renaissance Food Group label
- Kroger under Boar’s Head Private Label
- Target under the Garden Highway Label
- Trader Joes under the Trader Joes label
- Walmart under a Freshness Guaranteed label
- Amazon/Whole Foods under the Whole Foods Market Label
Retailers and restaurants should also not serve the recalled pre-cut melon products and should throw the product out.
These products were distributed by:
- Caito Foods Distribution with the label “Distributed by Caito Foods”
- Gordon Food Service with the label “Distributed by Caito Foods”
- SpartanNash Distribution with the label “Open Acres”
Consumers are urged to not eat these pre-cut foods that include cantaloupe, honeydew, or watermelon, or may be mixes of some or all of these melons and other pre-cut fruit.
These pre-cut foods were distributed in clear, plastic clamshell containers and distributed in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.
According to the FDS,“Consumers in these states who have purchased pre-cut melon products and cannot determine whether they were produced by Caito Foods, LLC should throw those products out.”