Home News Wilhelmina P. Orr

Wilhelmina P. Orr


Wilhelmina P. “Billie” Orr, 87, died on Sept. 18, 2015, at her home in Leesburg, Virginia.

She was the loving wife of the late Howard McCrea Orr for 45 years. The Orrs began their life together in Circleville, living in McLean, Virginia, Tokyo, Japan, and ending their time together in Columbus.

Howard Orr had spent the bulk of his working life as a career officer for the Central Intelligence Agency.

Wilhelmina is preceded in death by her son, Howard McCrea Orr Jr., as well as her husband.

She is survived by her daughter, Elizabeth Orr Fawkes (Larry) of Sterling, Virginia; and two grandsons, Michael and Andrew Fawkes.

Wilhelmina Orr was a gifted educator who served as the Head of the Lower School at The Potomac School in McLean, Virginia, and The Columbus Academy in Gahanna. She contributed to the success of many rising stars of today. She helped send young children on their way with a love of learning and sense of curiosity about the world around them.

Wilhelmina is a graduate of the University of Michigan, where she met her husband and remained an avid fan of all things Wolverine until the day she died.

Wilhelmina’s family would like to thank the wonderful team of caregivers who helped her live a full life in her final years that included laughter, friendship and never loneliness. We are eternally grateful for the love, tenderness and compassion that these wonderful women have shown to her.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to AutismSpeaks.org or Capital Caring Hospice.

A funeral service for Wilhelmina Orr will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 26, 2015, at St. Alban’s Episcopal Church, Bexley. Visiting hours will be 5 to 7 p.m. Friday, Sept. 25, 2015, at the church. Burial in Forest Cemetery, Circleville, at the convenience of the family.

Arrangements were made with Defenbaugh-Wise-Schoedinger Funeral Home, Circleville, Ohio.

To share a memory or send condolences to the Orr family, visit www.schoedinger.com.

This article originally appeared on The Pickaway News Journal