The Circleville Fire Department handled eight EMS runs on June 8, along with the following calls for service:
– Crews responded to the report of residential smoke detectors malfunctioning at 508 Springhollow Road. They found the smoke detectors were hardwired, and one detector had reached its life capacity, causing the other detectors to give a malfunction signal. The resident was advised they could purchase a new detector at the hardware store.
– Crews responded to the reports of a possible natural gas leak at 217 N. Washington St. Fire service personnel shut off the natural gas for safety purposes and advised the occupants to contact the gas company and a plumber to have the situation corrected.
This article originally appeared on The Pickaway News Journal