Summer reading registration for children, young adults and adults begins June 1 at the Pickaway County Public Library, but registration continues into July. Summer reading programs will award prizes such as food, coupons or gift cards. Check with the Main Library, the Younkin Branch, the Bookmobile or Storytime On Wheels for details.
Ohio Christian University is providing a free reading tutor at the Pickaway County Public Library for students in kindergarten through grade 12. Stop by or call for details.
The Main Library and the Younkin Branch are closed on Sundays from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
The Bookmobile, which will visit 50 stops around the county this summer, will allow patrons of all ages to register for prizes at the stops every two weeks. Bookmobile stops will include Williamsport, Darbyville, New Holland, South Bloomfield, Tarlton, Atlanta, Commercial Point, Southern Point, Orient, Derby, Clark’s Lake, Five Points, Circleville area and many more.
Schedules of exact times and locations are available at any library location or at www.pickawaylib.org.
Storytime on Wheels programs are for young people in preschool through fifth grade and include programs, prizes and crafts. Storytime On Wheels will visit:
- Meade’s Salem U. M. Church – 10:30 a.m. Mondays June 8 & 22, July 6 & 20
- Commercial Point Men’s Club – 10:45 a.m. Tuesdays June 9 & 23, July 7 & 21
- Five Points Community Building – 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays June 16 & 30, July 14 & 28
- Darby Twp Building – 12 p.m. Tuesdays June 16 & 30, July 14 & 28
- Williamsport U.M. Church – 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays June 10 & 24, July 8 & 22
- Marcy’s Trinity Church – 10:15 a.m. Wednesdays June 17, July 1 & 15 & 29
Storytime On Wheels also visits four daycare centers.
This article originally appeared on The Pickaway News Journal