– Billy J. Greeno was arrested for obstruction in front of Scioto Paint Valley Mental Health on Morris Road following a brief foot chase.
– A resident in the 100 block of East High Street reported a strange odor coming from the basement. The scene checked OK, and the caller will contact her landlord for service to the water heater.
– The Pickaway County Sheriff’s Office requested an officer to confirm a vehicle was at the Duke and Duchess station on East Main Street with the engine running and the keys locked inside. The vehicle was located next to the gas pump, and the county transported the owner back to the vehicle.
– Officers responded to a 911 hang-up call at PNC Bank. The scene checked OK.
– A resident came to the police station to report a child custody issue at Everts Middle School involving a temporary protection order. No report was taken until an officer could confirm information with the prosecutor’s office.
– A resident in the 200 block of East Main Street called 911 to report scammers were targeting her with a sweepstakes lottery scam. Information was obtained, and the caller was advised on the proper use of 911.
– A resident in the 200 block of Meadow Drive reported receiving a scam phone call from someone claiming to be the IRS. Information was obtained.
– A resident in the 1000 block of South Court Street reported the windows to his vehicle and his garage had been vandalized. A report was taken.
– A resident in the 400 block of North Pickaway Street reported a neighbor dispute over a property line. Both parties were advised, and extra patrol was requested.
– The Pickaway County Sheriff’s Office requested mutual aid on a possible fire in the 18000 block of Island Road near the river. County fire departments handled the scene.
– A caller on Alma Avenue requested to report an assault. The call was referred to the Pickaway County Sheriff’s Office.
– The Pickaway County Sheriff’s Office requested an officer check the area of Shoe Show on Circleville Plaza Drive for two males and two females who were possibly intoxicated and causing a disturbance. The same group later was located in front of Dollar Tree by customers who reported they were exposing themselves in public. Officers assisted the sheriff’s office at the scene.
– An anonymous caller reported several juveniles fishing at the pond on Sycamore Drive at Walnut Creek Pike, and there was no fishing allowed. The officer spoke with the juveniles, and an adult was advised of the complaint. No report was taken.
– An employee at Berger Hospital reported a male who appeared to be under the influence walked into the hospital and then stumbled out of the building. The male checked himself into the emergency room prior to the officer’s arrival, and the ER staff was advised to call back if there were any further issues.
– Officers responded to an activated smoke detector at the Holiday Inn Express on U.S. Route 23. The call was canceled after it was determined the alarm was accidental due to a resident.
– A resident in the 700 block of North Pickaway Street reported receiving threats from her children’s father. A report was taken on harassment.
– Officers recovered narcotics and drug paraphernalia following a traffic stop in the 200 block of South Court Street. Two juveniles were released to their parents, and a report was taken on possession.
– An employee at Shifty’s requested an officer due to what appeared to be underage boys inside the business watching television. The employee called back and advised the males were refusing to leave and causing a disturbance. The subjects left prior to the officer’s arrival.
– An anonymous caller reported a domestic dispute in the 800 block of Kingston Court. Officers advised no domestic dispute occurred, and everything checked OK.
This article originally appeared on The Pickaway News Journal