– An employee at Pittsburgh Paints on East Main Street reported finding credit cards and a purse lying on the ground in their parking lot. A report was taken on found property. The caller later advised he found more items in the dumpster. A supplement was taken to the initial report.
– A caller reported a white and brown dog found near Everts Middle School on South Court Street. The dog warden was advised.
– A resident in the 1400 block of Shagbark Drive reported her son was receiving numerous unwanted text messages from a female.
– An employee at Drs. Tootle and Palmer on North Court Street reported a vehicle with keys in the door in the rear parking area of the building. Officers discovered it was a stolen vehicle. The owner was notified, and a report was taken.
– A 911 caller reported an SUV passed him on South Court Street near McDonald’s traveling at a high rate of speed, then ran the traffic light. Officers were advised.
– An officer reported the westbound traffic signal on North Court Street at High Street was out. The service department was advised.
– James Osborn and Susan Cornwell were arrested in the 100 block of Fairview Blvd. after the Circleville Probation department requested assistance on a narcotics complaint. Drugs were reportedly recovered at the scene.
– Extra patrol was requested in the 500 block of East Franklin Street after a caller reported his brother had been in a fight and he was concerned someone may start another one.
– A resident in the 1000 block of South Washington Street reported a known male was in her house, two females ran out of the back of the house, and the caller believed there was drug activity present. Probation officers arrived and took the male subject for drug screening. A report was taken on a domestic dispute.
– A caller reported an elderly female driver southbound on Court Street at Franklin who was “all over the road.” Officers were unable to locate the vehicle.
– An employee of the Fraternal Order of Eagles reported a picnic table was missing and there was damage to a fence. A report was taken on theft.
– A resident in the 200 block of Cedar Heights Road reported someone struck her vehicle earlier in the day. A report was taken on a property damage hit-skip.
– Officers responded to an activated hold-up alarm at Donatos on Lancaster Pike. Officers advised it was an accidental activation, and the scene checked OK.
– A caller reported two males going door to door in the area of East Union Street and Abernathy Avenue. Officers located the subjects on East Union Street and advised them to have their permit paperwork fixed the following business day.
– An anonymous caller reported suspicious vehicles in the area of Clinton Street and Weldon Avenue. When officers arrived on the scene, the caller stopped them and advised the cars were going 20 miles per hour on the street, which he thought was too fast. Officers were unable to locate the vehicles.
– A resident in the 200 block of Logan Street requested to speak with an officer regarding telephone harassment. A report was taken on a civil issue.
– A resident in the 100 block of Pontious Lane reported receiving obscene phone calls from a unknown person in Newark. He advised he would have the phone company block the number.
– A resident in the 100 block of East Mill Street reported three males in a suspicious vehicle in the area. Officers made contact with the subjects, who advised they had pulled off the road to use the phone. The scene checked OK.
– Employees at the Kroger pharmacy reported a female came into the pharmacy and there was a note on her account that she was wanted by the Hocking County Sheriff’s Office. The subject was arrested and transported to Laurelville for custody exchange.
– A resident in the 200 block of Island Road reported a young juvenile yelling and being violent in the home. A report was taken on an unruly juvenile.
– A resident in the 500 block of Chatham Court came to the police station to report he found a phone in the field beside his residence. A report was taken on found property.
– A caller reported hearing what they thought were gun discharges in the rear of Cristy’s Pizza on South Court Street. Officers checked the area but could find nothing out of the ordinary. The scene checked OK.
– A resident in the 500 block of Tower Court reported receiving threatening text messages from her husband. The officer advised the caller also gave him a pill her daughter located at the scene. Information was obtained.
This article originally appeared on The Pickaway News Journal