Jan. 3, 2017
– A resident in the 200 block of Logan Street reported loud music coming from a residence. Officers made contact, and the music was turned down.
– Officers responded to an activated fire alarm at Rooster’s on U.S. Route 23. The fire department handled the scene.
– Officers responded to reports of the odor of natural gas at City Hall on South Court Street. The fire department handled the scene.
– An employee at the Thirsty Parrot on South Washington Street reported trash that was dumped outside the dumpster the day before was still there. Officers were unable to locate the subjects responsible. The caller later called back to report the dumping was still going on, and he wanted to press charges. A supplemental report was taken.
– A resident in the 500 block of East Union Street requested to speak with an officer about a known subject refusing to give her firearms that belonged to her. Officers determined no theft occurred and advised it was a civil issue.
– Officers responded to a property damage accident in the 200 block of Lancaster Pike. The drivers exchanged information.
– A caller in the 100 block of Huston Street reported a low-hanging power line. AEP was notified and handled the scene.
– A caller reported a vehicle had been parked in the same spot for a week at Pinckney and Scioto streets, and a wallet was lying in the street. The tires were marked on the vehicle.
– A male subject was arrested for aggravated menacing after a caller reported he was threatened by the male with a knife at Huston and Scioto streets. The caller advised the unknown male was standing on the railroad tracks near Ohio and Scioto Street, taunting him, but when he heard the sirens coming, the male ran southbound along the tracks and hid behind a brick building. The name of the subject has not yet been released pending completion of the report, according to CPD.
– Officers responded to an injury accident in the 200 block of South Court Street near the post office.
– Officers provided mutual aid for the Pickaway County Sheriff’s Office responding to a fight in the Dollar Tree parking lot on Circleville Plaza Drive.
– A caller advised her vehicle was struck on Pontious Lane, and the other party began screaming at her through the window. A report was taken.
– A caller in the 300 block of Lawnwood Drive reported the theft of tools. A report was taken.
– A caller reported his vehicle was rear-ended in front of Fifth Third Bank on East Main Street. Officers advised there was no damage to the vehicles.
– A resident in the 400 block of Brown Street reported a male subject was standing in his driveway harassing him. The subject was advised to leave the area.
– A caller advised a male subject was trying to gain access to late night mail drop boxes at the Post Office on South Court Street. Officers advised a juvenile was just running around the building, and the scene checked OK.
– A resident in the 1000 block of South Washington Street reported a known subject was threatening to fight him and his wife. Both parties were advised to separate.
– Officers responded to a property damage accident in the 300 block of Clark Drive.
– Officers responded to a 911 hang-up call on East Mill Street. A report was taken for a domestic dispute.
This article originally appeared on The Pickaway News Journal