Home News Crews battle attic fire on Union Street

Crews battle attic fire on Union Street

25
0
SHARE

Trish Bennett, Editor

No injuries were reported in this fire on East Union Street on Saturday. (Submitted photo)

CIRCLEVILLE – An electrical issue is suspected as the cause of a house fire Saturday afternoon on East Union Street.

The Circleville Fire Department responded to reports of heavy smoke coming from the home at 369 E. Union St. about 1:45 p.m., according to firefighter Scott Cavanaugh.

“From the information we got from the homeowner, it sounds like it was electrical in nature,” Cavanaugh said. “The majority of the fire was above the ceiling in the attic space, and that’s where most of the fire damage was.”

Cavanaugh said it took a while to get to bring the situation under control due to its location.

“We had to tear out a lot of ceiling to really get to it,” he said.

The scene was cleared about 4:25 p.m. No injuries were reported.

The Circleville Fire Department was assisted at the scene by firefighters from Harrison Township and Pickaway Township, along with volunteers from the Box65 scene support unit.

This article originally appeared on The Pickaway News Journal