– A resident in the 500 block of South Washington Street reported someone had thrown ketchup all over her house. A report was taken on criminal mischief, and extra patrol was requested.
– An employee at PICCA reported a suspicious vehicle coming onto the back lot the past several mornings that shouldn’t be there. Officers were unable to locate the vehicle but advised the complainant to post proper signage in the back lot.
– A resident in the 200 block of Town Street reported some lights were broken at his residence. The officer advised there was no damage, and batteries had just been removed from a lawn ornament.
– A resident in the 100 block of West Union Street reported she was not home but her daughter called and told her she locked herself in the bathroom with her child after hearing a noise and thinking someone might be in the house. Officers cleared the house, and the scene checked OK.
– A resident in the 400 block of Stella Avenue reported the theft of a TV, possibly by a known suspect. A report was taken on theft.
– An employee at Hardee’s on West Main Street reported a vehicle had been abandoned in their parking lot several days earlier and was still there. Fletcher’s Towing was dispatched to the scene to remove the vehicle. A short time later, an employee of Fletcher’s reported a male in the Hardee’s parking lot was causing a scene with their tow truck driver. The male was advised.
– An employee of The Savings Bank reported suspicious people walking between vehicles in the parking lot and looking inside. The officer was unable to locate the subjects, but a report was taken on criminal damage.
– An employee of Big Lots on Lancaster Pike reported they had detained a shoplifter. A report was taken, and a summons was issued.
– Officers responded to an activated alarm in the 1300 block of Eastwood Drive. The scene checked OK.
– A resident in the 100 block of Margaret Lane reported a known subject was going door to door in the area. The officer was unable to locate.
– A resident in the 100 block of Parkview Avenue reported someone had broken into her home while she was away. A report was taken on burglary.
– Officers responded to an activated alarm in the 400 block of Ridgedale Drive. The scene checked OK.
– Officers performed a well-being check in the 100 block of East Mill Street. The subject checked OK.
– A resident in the 300 block of Meadow Drive reported a needle lying in the roadway. The officer located and disposed of the item.
– Extra patrol was requested in the 100 block of Margaret Lane after a caller reported a suspicious male going door to door.
– A resident in the 900 block of South Court Street reported someone keyed the driver’s side of her vehicle. A report was taken on vandalism.
– A resident in the 200 block of Huston Street reported an older male struck her child with a steel pipe. A report was taken on assault. A short time later, another caller reported her son was walking to a friend’s house and was struck by another male. Officers determined the two incidents were related, and a supplemental report was taken on disorderly conduct.
– A resident in the 200 block of Edison Avenue reported a male running down the alley after a car alarm went off. The officer was unable to locate.
– Michael T. Bowers was arrested for disorderly conduct after officers responded to reports of a fight in the 200 block of Huston Street.
– A resident reported a female walking down the street talking to herself in the area of South Court Street and Edison Avenue. The female checked OK.
– A caller reported a male was stumbling in the alley behind PNC Bank and possibly had a head injury from falling down. Officers located the male and requested a squad to check his injuries. He was released to the care of his spouse.
– Bradlee D. Briggs was arrested on an outstanding warrant after running from a probation officer across the roof of a building in the 100 block of East Main Street.
This article originally appeared on The Pickaway News Journal