– A resident in the 1300 block of South Street reported an odor of natural gas in the residence and advised they were evacuating. The Circleville Fire Department handled the scene that was quickly brought under control.
– A resident in the 400 block of Stella Avenue reported a male and female had been arguing most of the night. Officers advised the scene checked OK, and the subjects were just having a loud conversation.
– Officers responded to an activated alarm in the 500 block of Springhollow Road. The call was canceled by the alarm company.
– A 911 caller reported a domestic dispute in the 100 block of Pontious Lane. The female involved opted to stay at a neighboring apartment for the evening, and a report was taken on a domestic dispute. Officers responded to two additional calls at the residence, but both checked OK.
– An employee at Dollar General on North Court Street reported a male subject stole Tide detergent pods and left through the rear door. A report was taken on theft.
– A resident in the 700 block of East Mound Street reported a drain at the corner of John and Mound streets was clogged and causing her basement to flood. The service department was notified and handled the scene.
– Officers responded to an activated alarm at Hanson Aggregates on Town Street. The scene checked OK.
– Officers responded to a property damage accident at South Washington and West Mound streets.
– A caller in the 300 block of Walnut Street reported he had been struck in the back of the head by a known subject. A report was taken on assault.
– A caller reported two dogs were struck by a vehicle in the 1200 block of South Court Street. The dog warden was advised and handled the scene.
– A caller reported a male was dragging a young female out of Kroger on Lancaster Pike, and it seemed out of the ordinary. Officers advised the child had been acting up, and the scene checked OK.
– Officers responded to reports of a suspicious person in the alley near the 200 block of North Scioto Street. Officers were unable to locate the subject.
– A resident in the 200 block of West Mound Street reported a known female had stolen $677 but did not want the female listed in the report or investigated. No report was taken.
– A resident in the 300 block of East High Street reported hearing noises coming from a vacant residence and thought someone was breaking in. Officers determined the wind was causing the noise, and the scene checked OK.
– Officers responded to an activated alarm in the 900 block of Lincoln Avenue. The scene checked OK.
– A caller in the 200 block of Second Avenue reported his wife assaulted him and threatened him with a gun 30 minutes earlier. Extra patrol was requested, charges were filed and a warrant was requested. A report was taken on domestic menacing.
– A resident in the 500 block of Lincoln Avenue reported someone attempted to break into his vehicle, and he saw a male subject run down Sumpter Alley toward Mound Street. A report was taken.
– A caller reported someone struck her vehicle while it was parked in the 100 block of North Court Street. No report was taken by request.
– A resident came to the police station to report she was being stalked and harassed by a known male subject. A report was taken.
– A resident in the 900 block of South Washington Street reported a suspicious male was looking inside her truck. Officers were unable to locate the subject.
– Nicholas Crosby of Stoutsville was arrested for drug paraphernalia following a traffic stop on East Franklin Street.
– A resident in the 400 block of Half Avenue reported her pain medication had been stolen. A report was taken on theft.
– Officers performed a stand-by to retrieve property in the 100 block of North Court Street. The resident could not be located, and the complainant was advised to contact an attorney regarding a civil issue.
– A resident in the 100 block of Barry Drive reported a PlayStation 3 had been stolen. A report was taken on theft.
– A juvenile came to the police station to report a 21-year-old male had been inappropriately touching her and showing up unexpectedly when she asked him not to. A report was taken on gross sexual imposition. The female later called to report receiving unwanted text messages from the male, and a report was taken on telecommunications harassment.
– A resident in the 400 block of East Main Street requested extra patrol after advising her ex-boyfriend kept circling the block of her residence, and she was afraid to go home. All officers were advised.
– A 911 caller reported a possible drunk driver in the area of North Court and Main streets. Officers performed a traffic stop on the vehicle and determined it was an elderly driver who was disoriented. Contact was made with a family member, and the driver was transported to his residence by a medic.
– Officers responded to reports of suicidal threats in the 100 block of Francine Court. The subject was transported to Berger Hospital for evaluation, and a report was taken.
– A resident in the 700 block of South Court Street reported he and his mother were receiving death threats from a known subject. A report was taken on harassment.
– Officers responded to a property damage accident in the 1000 block of Atwater Avenue.
– Officers responded to an activated alarm at Coughlin Automotive on U.S. Route 23. The call was canceled by the alarm company.
– Officers responded to a 911 hang-up call in the 100 block of Hayward Street. The scene checked OK.
– Extra patrol was requested at the Duke and Duchess gas station on East Main Street after an employee was threatened by phone.
– A resident in the 300 block of Hillcrest Drive reported a suspicious vehicle in the area. The scene checked OK.
This article originally appeared on The Pickaway News Journal