(Circleville, Oh) In an effort to protect our patients, visitors, physicians and staff from COVID-19,
OhioHealth has implemented the following visitor restrictions at all OhioHealth hospitals effective
Monday, March 16 at 7 a.m.
• Visitors must be 18 years or older
• Patients will be limited to one visitor at a time, up to two visitors per day, in most areas of the
• Maternity patients will be limited to one support person during their entire length of stay
• In-person Behavioral Health visits will no longer be permitted due to the common space these
• Visiting hours are 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Overnight visits will not be permitted with the exception of
• We will make limited exceptions for end-of-life patients and for those with disabilities who need
Care sites impacted:
• OhioHealth Riverside Methodist Hospital
• OhioHealth Grant Medical Center
• OhioHealth Doctors Hospital
• OhioHealth Grady Memorial Hospital
• OhioHealth Dublin Methodist Hospital
• OhioHealth Hardin Memorial Hospital
• OhioHealth Marion General Hospital
• OhioHealth O’Bleness Hospital
• OhioHealth Mansfield Hospital
• OhioHealth Shelby Hospital
• OhioHealth Grove City Methodist Hospital
• OhioHealth Berger Hospital
Visitors to all OhioHealth hospitals, outpatient care centers and physician offices will also be
screened and will not be granted entrance if any of the following applies:
o Exhibiting Flu-like symptoms
o Fever within the past 24 hours
o Cough or shortness of breath within the past 14 days
o Contact with a confirmed COVID-19 patient within the past 14 days
o International travel within the past 14 days
What OhioHealth is doing to prepare for COVID-19:
OhioHealth has been planning, meeting and working to prepare to safely treat COVID-19 patients at all
of our care sites. We have taken many proactive steps including:
o Screening all patients and visitors entering our hospitals and limiting access for those who
have signs, symptoms, travel history or contact with COVID-19.
o Implementing protocols for treating suspected and confirmed COVID-19 cases.
o Providing an alert system in our electronic medical record system to flag any patients who
meet symptom and travel criteria.
o Activating the OhioHealth Emergency Clinical Response Team (ECRT) to serve as first
responders. This well-trained expert team have been tasked with the safe care of suspected
and confirmed COVID-19 patients.
o Having an infection prevention specialist on-call 24/7 to immediately respond to any
o Confirming that OhioHealth has a significant level of emergency supplies, including Personal
Protective Equipment (PPE).
o Updating contingency plans to prepare for different levels of the outbreak.
OhioHealth is committed to providing a safe environment for patients, associates and physicians. We
are consistently reassessing the evolving situation, working closely with our public health partners and
revising our internal action plans as necessary.
OhioHealth is a nationally recognized, not-for-profit, charitable, healthcare outreach of the United
Based in Columbus, Ohio, OhioHealth has been recognized as one of the top five large health systems in
America by Truven Health Analytics, an honor it has received six times. It is also recognized by FORTUNE
as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” and has been for 13 years in a row, 2007-2019.
Serving its communities since 1891, it is a family of 30,000 associates, physicians and volunteers, and a
network of 12 hospitals, 200+ ambulatory sites, hospice, home-health, medical equipment and other
health services spanning a 47-county area.
OhioHealth hospitals include OhioHealth Riverside Methodist Hospital, OhioHealth Grant Medical
Center, OhioHealth Doctors Hospital, OhioHealth Grady Memorial Hospital, OhioHealth Dublin
Methodist Hospital, OhioHealth Hardin Memorial Hospital, OhioHealth Marion General Hospital,
OhioHealth O’Bleness Hospital, OhioHealth Mansfield Hospital, OhioHealth Shelby Hospital, OhioHealth
Grove City Methodist Hospital and OhioHealth Berger Hospital. For more information, please visit our
website at www.ohiohealth.com.