USA – Its flu season and Influenza is on the rise in the last few weeks. According to CDC.gov the number of positive specimens of influenza has rose 300% in the last few weeks and several states (California, New York, Mass, Georgia, and Alabama) are considered widespread with Influenza. Ohio is on the rise over the last few weeks, and may see widespread the first of the year.
Good habits to get into this time of year to try to prevent the spread of influenza is,
- Flu Vaccinations
- good health habits like washing your hands regularly, and covering your cough
- Avoid close contact when you are sick, or avoid close contact with people that have the flu
- Stay home if possible if you are sick
- Avoid touching your ears, nose and mouth these are pathways into your body
- Practice good health habits clean and disinfect surfaces at home, get plenty of sleep, drink lots of fluids, and eat healthy
More information on the weekly maps and charts following influenza effects across the county can be found here.