FAIRFEILD – Fairfield county health is reporting its first case of COVID-19 in the county.
The Fairfield Department of Health (FDH) has been notified of a positive test result for COVID-19 in a Fairfield County resident. This is the first positive result for Fairfield County. This resident is currently being isolated. FDH is working to identify close contacts of this resident and will contact anyone who would require testing or monitoring for symptoms of COVID-19.
FDH, Fairfield Medical Center, and our community partners are monitoring this situation and working closely with the Ohio Department of Health to prepare for and respond to this actively evolving situation.
To prevent the spread of this disease and to protect yourself and others, please follow the Ohio Department of Health’s guidelines and practice the following:
• Stay at home, except for necessary purposes
• Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use hand sanitizer only if soap and water are not available.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and face
• Cover mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when coughing or sneezing
• If you are still working and are ill, stay home
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces
• Maintain social distancing
The Fairfield Department of Health’s primary concern is the health and well-being of our community and will continue to provide appropriate information as it becomes available.
Anyone with questions about COVID-19 can call the Ohio Department of Health’s COVID-19 call center at 833-4-ASK-ODH (833-427-5634).