LUCASVILLE – April 11, 1993 450 inmates rioted at took over the maximum security prison located in Lucasville Ohio. The riot lasted 11 days and 10 nights.
- On the first day rioters killed 5 inmates and put their bodies outside in the yard to let police know they were serious
- Another four were killed in the next several days as demands were not met.
- A total of 14 correction officers were taken into custody, six were released the first day and the other were held hostage until the siege ended
- One Correctional officer was murdered during the event corrections officer Robert Vallandingham
- Damage to the prison cost the State of Ohio 40 million dollars.
- Ohio officers called in national guard with bulldozers for fear the prisoners where tunneling out of the prison.
- The uprising ended after police agreed to prisoners demands of religious freedoms, tuberculosis testing and interaction of prison cells.