OHIO – A new report says that Circleville is in the top 50 safest cities in Ohio based on several different factors.
Safety.com compiled a report based on several different factors to create the list of safe locations to live.
- Property crime – Number of property crimes reported in the city (FBI Crime Report)
- Violent crime – Number of violent crimes reported in the city (FBI Crime Report)
- Aggravated assaults – Number of aggravated assaults reported in the city (FBI Crime Report)
- Hate crime – Number of hate crimes reported in the city (FBI Hate Crime Report)
- Officer-related incidents – Number of officer-involved shootings reported in the city (Gun Violence Archive)
- Mass shootings – Incidents in which four or more people are shot/killed in the city (Gun Violence Archive)
But not only did they factor crime rates, but also financial factors for each city.
- Annual rent – Annualized median rent
- Unemployment rate – The average rate of unemployed residents in each city
- Cost of living – The average annual rent and household income per city
- Poverty rate – Percentage of families that reported experiencing poverty in the last 12 months
- Uninsured employed – Percentage of employed residents that reported not having health insurance
- Uninsured unemployed – Percentage of unemployed residents that reported not having health insurance
In the top 50 report Circleville Hit number 35 when looking at the data that comparted both crime factor safety and Financial safety.
Ohio has 251 cites according to the state, so being number 35 for these factors is defiantly a step in the right direction.
To see the full report click here: https://www.safety.com/public/places/safest-cities-in-ohio/