CIRCLEVILLE – In the interest of public health during the COVID-19 crisis, the Circleville Municipal Court has modified its operations to minimize the number of people who need to enter the Municipal Court Complex.
The Court will remain open and provide all essential services. However, citizens are
discouraged from visiting the Municipal Court Complex for matters that are not essential or time sensitive. Effective March 16, 2020 the following rules apply:
1) Only people required to be present for court proceedings are permitted in the building.
2) The Clerk of Court Office will continue to accept all traffic, criminal and civil filings but
will only accept payments online at www.circlevillecourt.com or by telephone at 740-
3) All Pay or Appear (POA) and Operator’s License (O/L) Compliance hearings are
cancelled and will be rescheduled for ninety (90) days out. Persons scheduled for these
hearings should provide current addresses to the Clerk of Court and check the website
through the Access Court Records tab to determine the rescheduled date/time to appear.
4) All non-jail criminal/traffic and all civil pre-trials will be conducted via telephone.
5) The use of audiovisual devices and technologies are authorized for all actions and