(Columbus) – Agents with the Ohio Investigative Unit and members of the United States Secret Service Northern District of Ohio Task Force arrested multiple individuals connected to a long-term commercial sex investigation. As a result of the investigation, 16 search warrants were executed in seven counties throughout northern Ohio.
In 2017, agents received complaints about possible illegal activity taking place in massage parlors. The two-year investigation revealed a group of individuals involved in an illegal commercial sex enterprise.
“We will not turn a blind eye to criminal enterprises, such as this one,” said Major Gary Allen, OIU commander. “We will continue to work with our partners to hold those accountable for their roles in commercial sex businesses.”
Last week, the Cuyahoga County Grand Jury indicted the following people on counts of Promoting Prostitution – Jia Yue Dong, 42, Cui Rong Chen, 44, Fei Wang, 41, and Yan Wang, 41, all of Brunswick; Chengqiang Yu, 48, of North Royalton; and Robert Swartz, 50, of Copley. The Medina County Grand Jury indicted Yulian Fu, 50, of North Royalton, on the same charge.
“These parlors were illegally operating throughout multiple communities, including four here in Cuyahoga County,” said Prosecutor Michael C. O’Malley. “I commend the multiple agencies involved who helped put an end to this criminal activity.”
The search warrants were executed at the following locations:
- JC Relaxing, Inc., also known as Relax Massage, 3321 Center Road, Brunswick
- Hua Nan Massage (formerly SJ Relax, Inc.), 4004 Milan Road, Unit A, Perkins Township
- Robust Asian Massage, LLC, 16360 Pearl Road, Strongsville
- SC Relax, Inc., 14403 Pearl Road, Strongsville
- Sunny H. Reflex, Inc., 7914 Broadview Road, Broadview Heights
- Relax, Inc., 1211 West Main Street, Kent
- Lucky Jade, LLC., 2747 Medina Road, Medina
- Ming Relax, Inc., 4000 Oberlin Avenue, Unit 2, Lorain
- Bamboo Relaxing Massage, Inc., 2522 Cleveland Road, Unit A; Wooster
- W&D Relax, Inc.,1523 Lexington Avenue, Unit A, Mansfield
- Sun GR Reflect, Inc., 17456 Lorain Avenue, Unit A, Cleveland
- Sun GR Reflect, Inc., 26761 Royalton Road, Columbia Station
- Posh Massage, Inc., 37300 Detroit Road, Avon
- 1299 Old Eagle Drive #M5, Brunswick
- 1287 Old Eagle Drive # 109, Brunswick
- 411 Plymouth Court, Brunswick.
Participating agencies involved in the investigation include: Cuyahoga County Prosecutor’s Office; United States Attorney’s Office; United States Secret Service; Federal Bureau of Investigation; United States Board Patrol; United States Homeland Security Investigations; United States Internal Revenue Service; Cuyahoga Regional Human Trafficking Task Force; United States Marshal’s Office; Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation; Ohio Bureau of Workers Compensation; Ohio Medical Board; Ohio State Highway Patrol; Lorain County Sheriff’s Office; Brunswick, Perkins Township, Lorain, Cleveland, Mansfield, Kent, Wooster and Medina Township police departments. Interpreters from the FBI and the Secret Service assisted with the search warrants. Victim service organizations were on scene.