- There is no reason to wait…
- This issue can kill or seriously injure you or your passengers.
- All safety recall repairs are FREE at authorized Acura and Honda dealers.
- We have replacement parts for ALL recalled Acura and Honda models.
- FREE rental car available to the vehicle owner for the day of the recall repair.
- Call NOW for help 1-888-234-2138.
- Recall expansion to occur ahead of NHTSA schedule due to significant Acura and Honda repair progress on existing recalls and adequate replacement parts supplies to repair all affected models
- Prior to this expansion, Honda’s overall Takata inflator recall completion rate was 77.7 percent, which leads the industry by a significant margin
- Approximately 1 million additional Honda and Acura vehicles in the U.S. will be included in the expanded recall calling for the free replacement of non-desiccated Takata front passenger airbag inflators (excludes vehicles subject to prior Takata inflator recalls)
In the fourth phase of planned recalls announced by NHTSA in May 2016, Honda will conduct recalls covering approximately 1.4 million Honda and Acura automobiles in the United States to replace, for free, Takata passenger front airbag inflators that do not contain a moisture absorbing desiccant. Excluding vehicles subject to the earlier Takata driver airbag inflator recalls, approximately 1 million additional Honda and Acura vehicles in the U.S. will become subject to a Takata airbag inflator recall for the first time as a result of this action.
Honda decided to take this action early, ahead of NHTSA’s planned expansion date in late December 2018, because it has made significant progress with existing recall repairs (77.7 percent completion rate as of 9/14/2018) and because the company has adequate replacement parts to repair all affected Acura and Honda models, including those in the expanded population. Thus, owners of affected vehicles should seek repair immediately at authorized Honda and Acura dealers.
No additional driver front airbag inflators in Honda or Acura automobiles will be subject to recall in this action, as all potentially affected driver inflators already are subject to prior recalls. However, some vehicles previously repaired under earlier driver front inflator recalls will now require replacement of those vehicles’ passenger front inflators under this new action.
In addition, all Honda Gold Wing motorcycles equipped with defective inflators in the U.S. were included in earlier recalls and remain eligible for repair. There have been no Takata airbag inflator ruptures involving Honda motorcycles globally. For more information about the history of Honda motorcycle airbags, please visit http://world.honda.com/MotorcycleAirbag/history/.
Honda is announcing this recall to encourage each owner of an affected vehicle to schedule repair at an authorized dealer as soon as possible. Mailed notification to customers will begin in late-November 2018. Automobile owners may check their vehicles’ recall status now at www.recalls.honda.com and www.recalls.acura.com or by calling (888) 234-2138 for automobile customers. Motorcycle customers can check recall status at www.powersports.honda.com/recalls or they can call (866) 784-1870 for Honda motorcycle recall information.
With this new action, a total of approximately 12.9 million Honda and Acura automobiles have been or now are subject to recall for replacement of a Takata driver and/or passenger front airbag inflator in the United States, with approximately 4,540 Honda Gold Wing motorcycles subject to recall for the replacement of the Takata airbag inflator module.
Automobile models and model years included in the fourth stage of the expansion of the Takata non-desiccated passenger front inflator recall (certain specific vehicles only):
- 2010-2012 Acura RL
- 2010-2014 Acura TSX
- 2011-2014 Acura TSX Wagon
- 2010-2013 Acura ZDX
- 2010-2012 Honda Accord
- 2010-2015 Honda Crosstour
- 2010-2011 Honda Civic
- 2010-2011 Honda CR-V
- 2010-2011 Honda Element
- 2014 Honda FCX Clarity
- 2010-2013 Honda Fit
- 2014 Honda Fit EV
- 2010-2014 Honda Insight
- 2010-2015 Honda Pilot
- 2010-2014 Honda Ridgeline
More Airbag Inflator Recall Information, including a detailed fact sheet can be found here: www.hondaairbaginfo.com.