CHILLICOTHE – A fire broke out around 9:30 pm onOctober 20,2018 at the East Main Street Sunoco and Subway Gas station in Chillicothe. According to Chillicothe Fire Department high winds last night caused a electric line to make contact with the top of the structure, causing the awning on the building to catch fire.
Chillicothe fire was able to quickly extinguish the fire, keeping the fire from spreading to the pumps and gasoline tanks. According to officials most of the damage was to the awning only, saving the business.
Main street was shut down for about a hour with local police and fire dealt with the possibly highly dangerous situation. No word on when the store is reopening.